Hariyali Teej 2022 fast takes place on 31st July. Nirjala fasts are observed on this day to worship Teej Mata. In order to observe this fast, certain rules must be followed. Let us know what the rules are for Hariyali Teej fasting.
In India, Hariyali Teej Festival 2022 is celebrated on Sunday, July 31 in honor of long life and unbroken luck for the husband. Unmarried girls and Suhagan women worship Teej Mata during this fast. As Nirjala Vrat, it is one of the most challenging fasts. It is important to follow some rules when observing this fast. When you fast, if you don’t follow these rules, you may not be able to reap the full benefit of the fast. Those who are sick or pregnant are exempt from such fasts, however. On this day, they worship. Fasts is not observed.
Time and date of Hariyali Teej 2022
Also Read: Can You Handle Jupiter retrograde In Pisces?
Rules for Hariyali Teej Festival 2022 fasting
1. Those who decide to fast and worship are not allowed to drink water until Paran after taking the resolution to fast. Anhydrous fasting is made here.
2. During the fast of Hariyali Teej, green color is seen as a symbol of unbroken good fortune and good health, as well as a color that is considered sacred to Shiva. As a result of this, women usually purchase more green jewelry, green bangles, green bindis and green saris during this fast, since they are used to match the color of the fast.
3. At the time Teej Mata, or the Goddess Parvati is worshiped, 16 items of makeup are offered to her. It includes items like Mehdi, Mahavar, Kumkum, Sindoor, Bangle, Chunari, Saree, Jewelry, Floral garland, etc.
4. After worshiping Hariyali Teej, take blessings from your mother-in-law and sister-in-law by offering prasad. By touching the mother’s feet and offering her makeup items, and takes blessings from the mother-in-law.
5. The day of the fast should be a day when you avoid arguing with your husband if you are keeping this fast for him. It is also the husband’s responsibility to do the same.
6. If you are suffering from any kind of health condition, due to which you will not be able to fast, you can pray to Mata Parvati that although you will not be able to fast, you will accept the worship and be blessed with an unbroken string of good fortunes.
7. Hariyali Teej Vrat Katha should be read or listened to by women who cannot attend Hariyali Teej Puja due to some reason. In addition, Mata Parvati will bless you with this. If you pray to Mata Parvati, then you will be freed from all your troubles, and you will live a long and happy life.
8. During Hariyali Teej, Lord Ganesha, Mata Parvati, and Lord Shiva are worshipped.
The importance of Hariyali Teej Festival 2022
There is an important place for Hariyali Teej fast in all Hindu fasts. Fasting is primarily observed for the long life of the husband. There is a belief that Teej is the best day for worshiping Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.Women who worship Shiva and Mata Parvati on this day are blessed with long lives for their husbands. Hariyali Teej is a day when married women do sixteen makeup looks.
The women should wear only those clothes that came from the maternal home on this day, as well as the makeup that came from the maternal home on this day. This is all part of the traditional Hariyali Teej celebrations. A celebration of Teej occurs thrice a year, and these are the three festivals that take place during this time: Hariyali Teej, Kajari Teej, and Hartalika Teej.
The significance of Hariyali Teej from a religious perspective
It is believed that Hariyali Teej symbolizes the reunion of Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati. Maa Parvati was believed to have endured 108 births in penance in order to marry Lord Shankar, according to mythology. As a result of this harsh penance, Lord Shiva accepted Mother Parvati as his wife. This is also said to have occurred on the day of Hariyali Teej, on the day of Tritiya Tithi in Shukla Paksha of the month of Shravan.
The married women receive the blessings of Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati on the third day of Shravan. Due to this, married women and their husbands benefit from worshipping Lord Shankar and Mother Parvati on this day. Women who are married observe the Nirjala fast on the day of Hariyali Teej, while unmarried girls observe the Hariyali Teej fast for attaining their desired grooms.
Observances related to Hariyali Teej Festival
- It is considered very special for newlywed women to celebrate the festivals that take place in Sawan. Hariyali Teej is a day when women are invited to their in-laws’ homes.
- Tradition calls for celebrating Sinjara a day before Hariyali Teej. Newlywed women receive clothes, jewellery, makeup items, mehndi, and sweets from their in-laws on this day.
- It is considered highly auspicious to apply Mehndi on Teej. Henna is applied to the hands and feet of women and girls on Hariyali Teej, as well as alata. Married women are considered to be on their honeymoon when they wear it.
- Hariyali Teej is observed by married women touching the feet of their mothers-in-law and giving them sweets. In the absence of a mother-in-law, suhaga can be given to Jethani or any old lady.
- In addition to wearing makeup and new clothes, women worship Maa Parvati with reverence and devotion on this occasion.
- It is customary for women and unmarried girls to swing in the fields and gardens and dance to folk songs on Hariyali Teej.
Dates of Hariyali Teej festival between 2019 and 2029
|August 3rd, Saturday
|July 23rd, Thursday
|August 11th, Wednesday
|Sunday, 31st of July
|August 19th, Saturday
|August 7th, Wednesday
|July 27th, Sunday
|August 15th, Saturday
|August 4th, Wednesday
|July 24th, Monday
|August 12th, Sunday
What is the date of Hariyali Teej Festival 2022?
31st July 2022
What is the signification of Hariyali Teej Festival?
It is believed that Hariyali Teej symbolizes the reunion of Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati. Maa Parvati was believed to have endured 108 births in penance in order to marry Lord Shankar, according to mythology.
What is the Importance of Hariyali Teej Festival?
There is a belief that Teej is the best day for worshiping Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.Women who worship Shiva and Mata Parvati on this day are blessed with long lives for their husbands.